- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) maintains a Web site (www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov) that shows the location of residential, outpatient, and hospital inpatient treatment programs for drug addiction and alcoholism throughout the country. This information is also accessible by calling 1-800-662-HELP.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK) offers more than just suicide prevention—it can also help with a host of issues, including drug and alcohol abuse, and can connect individuals with a nearby professional.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (www.nami.org) and Mental Health America (www.mentalhealthamerica.net) are alliances of nonprofit, self-help support organizations for patients and families dealing with a variety of mental disorders. Both have State and local affiliates throughout the country and may be especially helpful for patients with comorbid conditions.
- The American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry each have physician locator tools posted on their Web sites at aaap.org andaacap.org, respectively.
- Faces & Voices of Recovery (facesandvoicesofrecovery.org), founded in 2001, is an advocacy organization for individuals in long-term recovery that strategizes on ways to reach out to the medical, public health, criminal justice, and other communities to promote and celebrate recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs.
- The Partnership at Drugfree.org (drugfree.org) is an organization that provides information and resources on teen drug use and addiction for parents, to help them prevent and intervene in their children’s drug use or find treatment for a child who needs it. They offer a toll-free helpline for parents (1-855-378-4373).
- The American Society of Addiction Medicine (asam.org) is a society of physicians aimed at increasing access to addiction treatment. Their Web site has a nationwide directory of addiction medicine professionals.
- NIDA’s National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (drugabuse.gov/about-nida/organization/cctn/ctn) provides information for those interested in participating in a clinical trial testing a promising substance abuse intervention; or visit clinicaltrials.gov.
- NIDA’s DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center (drugpubs.drugabuse.gov) provides booklets, pamphlets, fact sheets, and other informational resources on drugs, drug abuse, and treatment.
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (niaaa.nih.gov) provides information on alcohol, alcohol use, and treatment of alcohol-related problems (niaaa.nih.gov/search/node/treatment).
No Appointment Necessary
Turn your life around.
1 Long Wharf Drive, New Haven, CT
APT Physicians Earn Board Certification in Addiction Medicine
APT’s own Drs. Shi and Tetrault both recently became board certified in Addiction Medicine. They successfully passed the American Board of Preventative Medicine certifying exam and are now specialists in Addiction Medicine in addition to being board certified in Internal Medicine. APT patients and staff alike benefit from their knowledge and experience.
Dr. Tetrault receives Macy Foundation Award
Jeanette Tetrault, MD, staff physician at CMU and Associate Professor of Medicine At Yale University School of Medicine has been received the Macy Foundation Faculty Scholars Award. The award recognizes the work of innovative educators in medicine and nursing. Macy Faculty Scholars are selected for having demonstrated innovation in health professions education and because they…
Dancing Mindfulness Training at APT Foundation
APT held Dancing Mindfulness training for staff the week of September 18, 2017. Staff and patients involved with the training all reported a very positive experience. Dancing Mindfulness groups will be added to all clinic group schedules soon!
APT’s 6th Annual Fundraiser Gala
APT hosted its annual Fundraiser Gala at the picturesque Owenego Inn in Branford on Thursday evening, September 14, 2017. Entertainment was provided by Joni Madden and Andy Cutic and the evening featured live and silent auctions.
APT HOSTS ITS ANNUAL CLIENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD CEREMONY
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017, APT Foundation awarded a total of $15,000 in scholarships to sixteen recipients at a ceremony held at Gateway Community College. Eight people received scholarships to begin or continue their education at various Connecticut Community and State Colleges and Universities. Four are pursuing certifications in phlebotomy, HVAC and EMT. One…